The history of TBM began in 1946 in Italy starting again after the tragedy of war. Bruno Marcora founded a weaving mill specialized in cotton production of all types. The volumes increased and the business grew steadily. In the late 60′s he decided to sell his own production instead of just producing as a third party. It ‘s the time of entry in the company of Franco Marcora, the only son of the founder, who will soon direct the activities for the untimely death of his father.
From the 70’s till today
The 70s were a period of strong growth for TBM, standing as a protagonist of the cotton market, with a special vocation for denim fabrics. The expansion required an adjustment of production capacity and the achievement of autonomy over the cycle. Began a strategy of acquisitions of industrial and commercial activities, allowing TBM to complete its fleet, and implement its own technical know-how and trade. In the 80s and 90s were acquired the plants of Casale Litta, the dyeing / finishing factory in Varano Borghi (ex Textile Textilosse), the Spinning Mill Festi and Rasine (SGL Filati today), the production lines of velvet Bellora and moleskin Bottanuco. The last major operation was in 2005, when TBM took over the entire technical/commercial staff of Texmantova, a leading company for high-end men’s cotton, and after this acquisition created the new line TFM.